Hard drive has superior storage capacity and access data in faster rate. Hard disk is divided into sections known as partitions where each section behaves like a separate disk also known as volume in Mac Operating System. It uses HFS+, HFSX file system for organizing, managing and manipulating data on it. The purpose of partitioning are to keep OS files, used programs and user data near each other, keep log and cache files separate from one another, allow user to use multi booting setups, protect and isolate files to recover data from corrupted partition with ease. During the process of partitioning if you lose data from hard volume due to any circumstances, then you need to use reliable and good quality data recovery software that perform disk partition recovery safe and securely.
Some common reasons behind data loss from Mac Volumes:
- Unreliable Third Party Tool: If you use some low quality software then it corrupts volume header which stores all information of disk like date, time of creation and its size then this may lead to inaccessibility of the data from that partition and hence there is a huge loss of data.
- Re-formatting: When you convert file system on Mac some errors may encounter during conversion which corrupts the partition and hence data loss.
- Re-partitioning hard drive: If you want to create a new partition or you want to change the size of an original partition then it can be done by repartitioning hard drive. If you do re-partitioning process improperly then it might corrupt the existing partitions and results in loss of data.
- Bad sectors in hard disk: Bad sectors cause the volume unreadable, unusable and inaccessible. It may be due to various reasons like corrupted boot records, configuration problems, excessive read/write operations, sudden power failure or due to infectious viruses. This also leads to inaccessible of data from the hard disk.
- Virus infection: If you use your machine under unsecured network or download a file then viruses like Trojan, malware, root kits, spyware may also get downloaded along with those files. So it may corrupt the partition resulting in data loss
To restore back lost data from corrupted partition you have to take some precautions, you need to have a copy of all the files as backup. You should immediately stop using the drive after the data is lost in order to prevent from overwriting. If you do not have a backup then only way to recover your lost data is by using effective and reliable recovery software.
Mac partition recovery tool is designed with excellent algorithm to recover corrupted partition. It is simple user interface so you will never face any complication while using this application. Whatever may be the reason, within a few mouse clicks you can recover all files from corrupted partition. Click here for recovery of missing partition is possible without any hurdle when volume partition on Mac machine gets damaged due to system crash, file system corruption, accidenatl deletion of partition, etc. This software can also recover iPhoto Library on Mac OS X which is corrupted due to virus attack and other software issues with iPhoto Library structure. It can be used to restore lost HDD partition from MacBook Pro and deleted partition from Seagate Slim for Mac on Mac machines. So without worrying much you can download the utility and perform recovery process. This tool can perform damaged partition recovery on all the advanced version of Macintosh operating system, for more http://www.macpartitionrecovery.com/damaged.html.
Simple steps to recover corrupted parttion are:
1: Launch the installed Mac partition recovery tool to explore the window screen as shown in Figure 1. Select "Recover Volumes/Drives" option from main screen and then select "Volumes Recovery".
Figure 1: Main Window
2: Select the Mac volume to recover files from corrupted partition and then click on "Next" option.
Figure 2: Select Partition
3: After recovery process, you can preview the recovered partition files as shown in Figure 3.
Figure 3: Recovered Partition Files